MVS maintains a fully staffed emergency, trauma and critical care facility that accepts both walk-in and referral emergencies. We specialize in emergency medical and surgical care of small animals, especially patients requiring more intensive and long-term critical care management.
Services & Procedures
- Canine and feline blood bank available for our use at MVS or by your veterinarian.
- Complete laboratory diagnostics which allow immediate blood test results.
- Immediate emergency medical imaging.
- Emergency surgical procedures including wound repair, GDV, C-section, foreign body removal, and abdominal exploratory.
- Endoscopic retrieval of gastric foreign bodies
- Complete in-hospital pharmacy with specialized inventory.
- Advanced patient monitoring techniques for emergency/critical care and surgery.
- Telephone consults with your veterinarian 24/7/365.
- The emergency service works closely with MVS’ other veterinary specialists in: Surgery, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Oncology.