Looking for a career with a dynamic and fun team that values your skills and encourages your continual growth? Plus pays a competitive wage with a $2,500 signing bonus!
If expecting the unexpected is your strength, this is the service for you! This highly dynamic team works with our internship-trained emergency veterinarians to provide critical care when our patients need us most. You will fully utilize and grow your skills by learning RECOVER CPR and advanced procedures in this service while being supported by a team of veterinary assistants and kennel assistants.
The Certified Overnight Veterinary Technician Team Leader embodies the qualities of a role model, leader and mentor. The Certified Overnight Veterinary Technician Team Leader guides and supports MVS staff to complete required tasks and special projects in support of the MVS mission and in accordance with its policies and protocols.
The Certified Overnight Veterinary Technician also provides caring, compassionate and detail-oriented nursing care for hospitalized patients and outpatients. They are responsible for correctly and efficiently executing treatments, diagnostics, and medication administration under the direction of our Veterinarians. They will maintain detailed and correct electronic medical records utilizing ImproMed software, while ensuring all charges are correctly invoiced, along with updating and communicating with clients in a timely and respective manner.
To be successful within this role, candidates should possess the following skills:
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with people
- Enjoy learning new skills and exploring new technologies
- Willingness to participate in additional training programs
- Provide input and assist with all aspects of patient care
- Excel in technical nursing skills including but not limited to: Venipuncture, Catheter placement
- Ability to obtain accurate radiology views
- Effective anesthesia monitoring
- Calculate drug dosages (Including CRIs)
- Process prescriptions
- Prepare treatment estimates and invoices
- Physical examinations and patient assessment
- Good Laboratory skill set including but not limited to: Manual differentials, UA
- Possess or demonstrate desire to obtain a solid understanding of the common medications used within an emergency & specialty practice
- Provide compassionate and timely care for our hospitalized patients
- Direct, guide and coach all veterinary technicians and assistant in the development and maintenance of procedural skills, animal handling techniques and communication skills
- Ensure proper training of new veterinary technicians and assistants.
- Work with the Hospital Administrator and other technician team leads to identify and facilitate continuing education for team members across services.
- Provide feedback and evaluations of technician staff and assistants
- Verbal constructive criticism and praise as needed based upon personal observation
- Discipline as needed in accordance with MVS policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current State licensure as a Certified/Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Prior experience in an emergency and/or specialists’ practice is a plus
- Prefer 1+ years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician
- Knowledge of ImproMed software a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal Veterinary Technology education preferred
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, 401K plan with matching, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience. Overnight shifts include a differential pay premium.
If you are an experienced veterinary technician looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, apply today!
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now