Madison Veterinary Specialists is a growing 24/7 comprehensive, state of the art emergency, specialty and critical care facility that partners with family veterinarians to provide compassionate care to companion animals.
MVS is looking to hire a surgery inpatient veterinary assistant. The surgery inpatient veterinary assistant provides caring, compassionate and detail-oriented care for hospitalized surgical patients and outpatients. The veterinary assistant assists the surgical and ER veterinarian and veterinary technicians in any and all treatments, procedures and diagnostics performed in hospital. This employee takes care of the everyday needs of surgery pets in hospital, and helps maintains the hospital facility, keeping it neat, clean and well stocked.
- Previous surgical veterinary assistant experience is preferred. At a minimum previous pet experience is required.
- Ability to work independently with diverse teams
- Ability to prioritize animal safety, care acuity, and client needs
- Completion of 4 years of high school or equivalent degree is required.
Primary Surgery Inpatient Veterinary Assistant responsibilities:
- Surgery Inpatient Treatments – obtaining TPR’s, pain assessment, walking, feeding and administering medications (injectable and oral) while consulting with the supervising technician or veterinarian of any abnormalities.
- Record Keeping – creating and documenting medical records per MVS protocols
- Client Communication – providing clients with updates on their pet, establishing release times, and answering or funneling any questions they have to the appropriate party
- Release Appointments – finalizing preparations to release a Surgery patient from the hospital. Review the take home instructions with the client, as well as, answering any additional questions.
Secondary Surgery Inpatient Veterinary Assistant responsibilities:
- Inventory – reviewing all items on the floor and ensuring they are properly stocked both in the patient prep area and in all operating rooms.
- Clinic Maintenance – deep cleaning and inspection of all working spaces within the department
- Technical Skills – patient restraint, blood draws, catheter placements, running laboratory tests, preparing patients for procedure
- Pack & Prep – turning over operating rooms for the next procedure, cleaning & assembling packs and instruments to be sterilized for use
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, a 401K match plan, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience.
If you are a motivated, self-starter looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, apply today!
To learn more about our hospital visit MVSvets.com or like us on Facebook!Apply Now