The MVS Dermatology Department
The MVS dermatology service is led by Dr. William Oldenhoff, a board certified veterinary dermatologist. Dr. Oldenhoff has advanced training that enables him to treat the following in both dogs and cats:
- Itching, +/- excessive dander, oily skin, dry skin or crusting
- Skin allergies to food or their environment
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Parasites such as fleas, ticks and mites
- Hair Loss
- Nail diseases
- Anal sac diseases
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Allergy testing
- Otoscopy and ear flush
- Computed Tomagraphy (CT)
- Skin biopsies
- Diagnostic cytologies and scrapings
- Fungal and bacterial cultures
Examples of Skin Allergy Testing at MVS
What should I do before my appointment with a dermatologist?
- We ask that you do not bathe your pet from the time you make your appointment until the time you see the dermatologist.
- If your pet is currently on a steroid such as prednisone, we’ll discuss possibly weaning them off the medication prior to the appointment. Steroids can mask some of the symptoms that can be helpful in reaching a diagnosis. Never discontinue steroids without consulting a veterinarian first.
- Please bring all medications that your pet is currently taking or has recently been on to your appointment. This includes your flea/tick and heartworm medication. If you can’t bring them with, please take pictures or write down the name, strength and dosage.
- If you have any questions, you can reach the dermatology department at email@example.com.