Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Assistant?
· Do you have a strong passion for the veterinary field?
· Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) and Emergency is a privately owned, AAHA Referral practice located in Madison, Wisconsin with Board Certified Veterinarians in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology and Dermatology. We are looking to enhance our growing Surgery team by hiring an assistant!
Surgery staff works Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday
Procedure days: 7am-5pm/Appointment days: 8am-5:30pm
To be successful within this role, candidates should possess the following skills:
·Patient discharge and client education
·Exceptional customer service skills; helping clients and their pets in an effective, efficient and friendly manner.
· Strong client communication skills; working with team members to knowledgeably assist clients with the proper attitude, ensuring clients feel cared for and respected.
· Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Provide excellent telephone communications; engaged and actively listening so the client feels understood.
· Proficient with veterinary terminology
· Maintain the efficiency of the service by utilizing time management skills to recognize and complete tasks in a timely manner
· Set up and assist with procedures
· Cleaning and maintaining all equipment
· Greater than 1 years’ experience as a veterinary assistant.
· Experience working with ImproMed software.
Benefits: Our competitive benefit package includes,
· Medical insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid Time Off
· FSA participation opportunity
· 401K participation opportunity with company matching percentage
· Professional CE allowance
· Generous employee pet discount
· Opportunity for professional growth
Your success is our success! Don’t miss the opportunity to join our growing and thriving MVS team, forward your resume today!
Visit https://www.mvsvets.com/about-mvs/employment-opportunities/ or like us on Facebook to learn more about Madison Veterinary Specialists!
MVS values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In personApply Now