Madison Veterinary Specialists is a growing 24/7 comprehensive, state of the art emergency, specialty and critical care facility that partners with family veterinarians to provide compassionate care to companion animals.
MVS is seeking a full time Pack and Prep Assistant to be part of our team. This person must possess good communication skills, great attention to detail, and be very dependable.
If you have the above skill set and are looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, forward your resume today.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- General hospital cleaning and duties such as restocking supplies and helping with end of day clean up
- Turning over and setting up surgery rooms for procedures
- Washing all surgical packs and instruments
- Following standard procedures to sterilize equipment using autoclave and gas sterilization
- Turning over and setting up treatment area for procedures
- Providing clean bedding, water and litter pans for hospitalized pets according to individual patient needs
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Flexible Scheduling: Hours include day, evening and holidays.
- Experience: Prior veterinary assisting experience with a high client volume veterinary practice.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Physical: Must have the strength and stamina to work on feet throughout shift and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ergonomic: An employee in this position must be capable of safely working in environment with potential exposure to hazardous materials, infectious and zoonotic diseases.
- Other: An employee in this position must have a strong sense of helping clients and caring for animals and to assist with emergency or critical-care patients as needed. Maintain strict confidence regarding client and patient information. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer extensive internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, a 401K match plan, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience. Overnight shifts include a differential pay premium.
If you are an assistant looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills, with a growing practice, forward your resume today!
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.