Madison Veterinary Specialists is a growing 24/7 comprehensive, state-of-the-art emergency and Level 2 AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral hospital partnering with family veterinarians to provide compassionate care for companion animals when they need us most. We provide exceptional patient and client care in Emergency, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology and Neurology.
Madison Veterinary Specialists is seeking full time Certified Veterinary Technician to join our Ophthalmology department. Previous emergency and specialty hospital experience is preferred. $2000 sign on bonus!
Our work environment includes:
- Monday-Thursday schedule from 8am-5:30pm
- Regular social events
- Safe work environment
- Company perks
- On-the-job training
Our ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Manage appointments, obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges and client education
- Perform preliminary diagnostics including intraocular pressures, Schirmer tear testing, fluorescein stain
- IV catheter placement
- Strong anesthesia skills
- Fluid therapy
- Equipment and OR set-up
- Phlebotomy, laboratory and pharmacology (familiar with paralytics)
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Current State of Wisconsin licensure as a Certified/Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician
- 4+ years experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician in the veterinary field.
- Prior experience in an emergency and/or specialists’ practice is a plus
- Knowledge of ImproMed software a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal Veterinary Technology education or similar degree preferred
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer extensive internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, a 401K match plan, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience. Overnight shifts include a differential pay premium.
If you are a licensed veterinary technician looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills, such as pursuing your VTS, with a growing practice, forward your resume today!
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now