Veterinary Oncology Technician position with Sign-On Bonus
Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) and Emergency is a privately owned, AAHA Referral practice located in Madison, Wisconsin with Board Certified veterinarians in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology and Dermatology.
As the Oncology Certified/Licensed Technician primary responsibilities include providing veterinary medical nursing care, perform laboratory test and administering treatments under the direction of our board-certified veterinary Oncologist. Additional duties include acting as the primary liaison between the client, doctor and clinical staff, assist in surgical procedures, perform anesthesia, catheter placement, calculate drug dosages (including CRIs), process prescriptions, prepare treatment estimates and invoices.
Our Oncology service utilizes progressive safety equipment including closed system transfer devices and a certified Type B2 biosafety cabinet to ensure our patient and team member safety.
Basic required qualifications include:
- A graduate of a veterinary technician program with current registration as a Certified or Licensed Veterinary Technician possessing 1 or more year’s clinical experience in veterinary field.
- Anesthesia administration experience required, ventilator experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with staff and clients effectively and with discretion.
- Consistent and reliable ability to perform mathematical calculations for drug doses, CRIs, client invoices and estimates, and other position-related calculations.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education in the area of Oncology and other related technician skills to ensure continued improvement in standard of care.
- Experience as a Veterinary Oncology Technician
- Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) – IM(Oncology)
- Full time, 4 days per week.
- Monday through Thursday, ~8:00 – 5:30 pm
Benefits: Our competitive benefit package includes,
- Competitive wages
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- FSA participation opportunity
- 401K participation opportunity with company matching percentage
- Professional CE allowance
- Generous employee pet discount
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Sign-On bonus available.
Grow with us! Apply below or submit your resume to email@example.com. For more information contact our Hospital Administrator at 608-274-7772.
Visit www.mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook for more information about Madison Veterinary Specialists.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now