Looking for a career with a dynamic and fun team that values your skills and encourages your continual growth? Plus pays competitive wage with a $2,000 signing bonus and paid relocation expenses?
Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) is growing and we are seeking (2) Certified Veterinary Technicians and/or recent graduate from an accredited Veterinary Technician program to join our growing team. We have open positions in our Internal Medicine department.
The Internal Medicine team is constantly working with our Board-Certified Internists to provide information to our clients regarding patient care, updates and treatments. The Internal Medicine department focuses on relationship building with our clients, as patient care is longer in duration. If you want to combine your love of animals and clients, this is the department for you!
- Current WI State Certified Licensed Veterinary Technician or recent graduate of an accredited Veterinary Technician program. Must be licensed within 6 months of hire
- Prior veterinary experience required; previous internal medicine experience desired
- Familiar with Windows based software, preferable ImproMed Infinity software
Responsibilities and Duties
- Exceptional customer service skills; helping clients and their pets in an effective, efficient and friendly manner.
- Strong client communication skills; working with team member to knowledgeable assist client with the proper attitude, ensuring clients feel cared for and respected.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Provide excellent telephone communications; engaged and actively listening so the client feels understood.
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc)
- Proficient with veterinary terminology.
- Maintain the efficiency of the service by utilizing time management skills to recognize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Set up and assist with endoscopic procedures (GI, nasal, urinary, airway).
- Set up for ultrasound and imaging procedures (radiology, CT).
- Cleaning and maintaining endoscopy and ultrasound equipment.
- Manage appointments, obtain histories and update patients’ information
- Patient discharge and client education.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible Scheduling: Hours include day, evening and holidays.
- Physical: Must have the strength and stamina to work on feet and/or remain stationary at the front desk throughout shift.
- Ergonomic: An employee in this position must be capable of safely working in environment with potential exposure to hazardous materials, infectious and zoonotic diseases.
- Other: An employee in this position must have a sense of caring for animals, and assist clients with emergency or critical-care patients as needed. Maintain strict confidence regarding client and patient information. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate while maintaining composure in stressful situations is expected.
MVS is proud to support our team by offer a very competitive total rewards package, including: compensation & health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible scheduling, paid time off (PTO), a 401k with matching retirement plan, scholarship fund for VTS and continuing education, flex spending account, and additional differential pay for overnight shifts. Wage to commensurate with skill and experience.
Join a team that sincerely cares about their team members and its’ community, send your CV today!
MVS values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Your success is our success! Don’t miss the opportunity to join our growing and thriving MVS team, forward your resume today!
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, ContractApply Now