Madison Veterinary Specialists is a large, state of the art 24-hour Specialty and Emergency Small Animal Hospital located in Madison, WI just minutes from downtown or the quiet rural setting! Our hospital is proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the only privately veterinary owned Specialty & Emergency hospital in the state. Our veterinarians are Board Certified in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology and Dermatology. We are dedicated to our clients and community, the veterinary profession and our team. We currently have a full-time opening for an Internal Medicine Veterinary Assistant.
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Assistant?
- Do you have a strong passion for the veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Come join our internal medicine team as a Veterinary Assistant! Our internal medicine assistant will work closely under the direction of the Veterinarian and Certified Veterinary Technicians to perform delegated tasks. We’re looking for someone who must embody the culture of treating every colleague with the utmost courteous and attentive treatment possible, with a keen sensitivity to the hospital environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Exceptional customer service skills; helping clients and their pets in an effective, efficient and friendly manner.
- Strong client communication skills; working with team members to knowledgeably assist clients with the proper attitude, ensuring clients feel cared for and respected.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Provide excellent telephone communications; engaged and actively listening so the client feels understood.
- Proficient with veterinary terminology
- Maintain the efficiency of the service by utilizing time management skills to recognize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Set up and assist with procedures
- Set up and assist with advanced diagnostic procedures
- Cleaning and maintaining all surgical equipment and operating room
- Patient discharge and client education
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Internal Medicine Certified/Licensed Technician
- Greater than 1 years’ experience working in veterinary specialty and emergency as a veterinary assistant.
- Experience working with Infinity / Impromed software.
- Full time
Benefits: Our competitive benefit package includes,
- Quartz health insurance, Delta Dental & Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- FSA participation opportunity
- 401K Safe Harbor participation opportunity with company matching percentage
- Professional CE allowance
- Generous employee pet discount
- Opportunity for professional growth
Your success is our success! Don’t miss the opportunity to join our growing and thriving MVS team! Forward your resume today!
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Visit www.mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook for more information about Madison Veterinary Specialists.Apply Now