Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) and Emergency is a privately owned, AAHA Referral practice located in Madison, Wisconsin with Board Certified veterinarians in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology and Dermatology.
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Assistant?
- Do you have a strong passion for the veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
To be successful within this role, candidates should exhibit the following skills:
- Exceptional customer service skills; helping clients and their pets in an effective, efficient and friendly manner.
- Strong client communication skills; working with team members to knowledgeably assist clients with the proper attitude, ensuring clients feel cared for and respected.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Provide excellent telephone communications; engaged and actively listening so the client feels understood.
- Proficient with veterinary terminology
- Maintain the efficiency of the service by utilizing time management skills to recognize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Set up and assist with procedures
- Set up and assist with imaging procedures (radiology, CT)
- Cleaning and maintaining all surgical equipment
- Patient discharge and client education
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Oncology Certified/Licensed Technician
Our Oncology service utilizes progressive safety equipment including closed system transfer devices and a certified Type B2 biosafety cabinet to ensure our patient and team member safety.
- Greater than 1 years’ experience working in veterinary specialty and emergency as a veterinary assistant.
- Experience working with Infinity software.
- Full time, 4 days per week. Will consider part time.
- Initially Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 – 5:30 pm. Some ability to flex schedule and subject to change as the Oncology service develops.
Benefits: Our competitive benefit package includes,
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- FSA participation opportunity
- 401K participation opportunity with company matching percentage
- Professional CE allowance
- Generous employee pet discount
- Opportunity for professional growth
Your success is our success! Don’t miss the opportunity to join our growing and thriving MVS team, forward your resume today!
Visit www.mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook for more information about Madison Veterinary Specialists.Apply Now