Looking for a career with a dynamic and caring team that values your skills and encourages your continual growth? Plus pays competitive wages with a $1,000 sign on bonus!
Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) is seeking a full time Certified Veterinary Technician or current Veterinary Technician students to join our growing team. The move to our new hospital has increased our growth dramatically and has created new positions in the following department:
Internal Medicine Technicians: This fast-paced synergistic team supports our Internists in performing appointments, client communication, laboratory tests and procedures including but not limited to endoscopy, ultrasound, radiology, CT and other advanced procedures. Technicians on this team will learn anesthetic administration and monitoring, sedation and RECOVER CPR. MVS supports our CVT’s pursuit of their VTS in Internal Medicine and related specialties. This team is supported by our veterinary assistants and client care specialists. If you’re a technician that is looking to fully utilize their skillset and continue to learn this is the team for you! This service offers flexible scheduling Monday through Friday with shifts between the hours of 7am through 6 pm.
· Experience in monitoring anesthesia including EKG, SPO2, Doppler as well as recovery
· Proficient in IV catheter placement and phlebotomy
· Pharmacology and medication administration skills
· Proficient with drug calculations
· Ability to calculate and set up constant rate infusions
· Enjoy client education
· Experience running appointments
· Experience with or strong interest in learning to perform or assist with advanced internal medicine procedures.
· Current WI State Certified Licensed Veterinary Technician, currently enrolled in a Veterinary Technician associates degree program, or eligible to take the VTNE.
· Experience working with animals in a veterinary professional environment.
· Familiar with Windows based software, preferably ImproMed Infinity software
On-boarding & Training: Each new MVS team member completes a supportive training program during their initial 6 months with MVS and is assigned a mentor within their department to help acclimate, answer questions and generally assist with getting to know the larger team. Our mission is to ensure your success in joining the MVS team.
Grow with us! Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information contact our Hospital Administrator at 608-274-7772.
Visit www.mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook for more information about Madison Veterinary Specialists.Apply Now