Madison Veterinary Specialists is seeking a licensed or unlicensed technician for an Emergency Team Coordinator to provide timely, compassionate and detail-oriented care for hospitalized patients and outpatients.
A person in this position is responsible for assisting with ER Triage calls, monitoring ER team emails, facilitating communication between the ER team and Client Care Specialists, invoice auditing for the ER team, and facilitating client/patient care. This person will maintain detailed medical records using ImproMed software, provide client education/communication, discharge patients, and patient follow up calls.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates a self-starter mentality
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Enjoys learning new skills and technology
- Willingness to participate in additional training programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess or demonstrates desire to obtain a solid understand of the common medications used within an emergency and specialty practice
- Provide compassionate and timely care for our hospitalized patients
- Excel in technical nursing skills including, but not limited to: Venipuncture, Catheter placement
- Effective anesthesia monitoring
- Physical examinations and patient assessments
- Good laboratory skill set including, but not limited to: Manual differentials, UA
- Current State licensure as a Certified/Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Prior experience in an emergency and/or specialty practice
- 1+ years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant
- Knowledge of ImproMed software
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- CVT Licensure or meets eligibility for licensing preferred
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, a 401K match plan, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience.
If you are a motivated, self-starter looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, apply today!
To learn more about our hospital visit MVSvets.com or like us on Facebook!Apply Now