Here is our current protocol for seeing patients:
While many restrictions are being lifted, at this time the threat of COVID-19 has unfortunately not been eliminated. Currently, we are still providing emergency and specialty care in a curbside manner to best ensure the health of both you and our staff. Our #1 priority is being available to care for the pets in our community.
*We ask that you have a mask on at all times when a staff member is outside at your vehicle.
This video walks you through your visit to our hospital. We hope it answers some questions. ♥️🐾
If you or someone you have been in contact with is experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness including fever, cough, shortness of breath or body aches, please call us for detailed instructions.
What you should do when you arrive:
- Pull up to the front doors under the overhang and call us at 608-274-7772. Remain in your vehicle with your pet.
- You will be connected with a member of our nursing staff to discuss what is going on with your pet.
- A team member will then come to your vehicle with two slip leashes. We ask that you wear a mask at all times when a staff member is at your vehicle. They will ask you to place the slip leashes on your dog. If you have a cat, they must be secured in a carrier and we will bring the carrier into the hospital.
- After the team member leaves with your pet, please pull into the parking lot into a space.
- After the doctor has performed an exam they will call you immediately to discuss findings and recommendations.
- If your pet requires additional care, we will give you an estimate based on the plan you and your doctor have agreed upon. Upon estimate approval, a team member will take a deposit based on the estimate and have you sign admitting paperwork.
-As always, we will keep you updated via phone throughout your pet’s hospital stay. You may call at any time for updates.
- When your pet is ready to go home, we will bring your pet and the final invoice to you in your vehicle. The nurse will retrieve your payment method, bring it into the hospital for payment processing and then return it to you with a receipt.
Owners will be allowed in the building on a case-by-case basis for pets presenting for euthanasia or life threatening emergencies. If your pet is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call us while on your way if it’s safe to do so.
We understand that these temporary changes may add stress to an already difficult situation, but in addition to providing 24/7 care for your pet we are committed to protecting you and our staff. Without a healthy staff, we will not be able to help sick and injured animals during this trying time.
If at any time you have questions, please call us at 608-274-7772. We will be here for you and your pets 24/7.
The MVS Team