Madison Veterinary Specialists is a growing 24/7 comprehensive, state of the art emergency, specialty and critical care facility that partners with family veterinarians to provide compassionate care to companion animals.
MVS is seeking a full time Pack and Prep Assistant to be part of our internal medicine team. This person must possess good communication skills, great attention to detail, and be very dependable as this is an essential position on the internal medicine team.
If you have the above skill set and are looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, forward your resume today.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Endoscopy: proper care and maintenance of equipment and instruments
- Ultrasound: proper care and maintenance of machine
- Washing all equipment and instruments
- Following standard procedures to sterilize equipment using autoclave and gas sterilization
- Turning over and setting up treatment area for procedures
- Insuring all appropriate charges are entered into the patient invoice
- Insuring all treatments and diagnostics are entered into the patients’ medical record
- Knowing and using standard medical abbreviation’s and medical terminology when speaking and writing
- Providing clean bedding, water and litter pans for hospitalized pets according to individual patient needs
- Performing other duties as assigned
Potential growth opportunities:
- Assisting in procedures
- Patient procedure prepping
- Performing in house laboratory tests
- Job Type: Full-time